While regular brushing and flossing is imperative to maintain good oral health, complete oral care goes beyond regular brushing and flossing. It is desirable to look up your Dentist once in every 6 months. Regular visit to your Dentist can help in early detection of any dental infection or disease.
A comprehensive dental examination usually includes:
- Reviewing and Updating Medical / Dental History –Oral health and overall health are closely related therefore it is important to understand not just your current medical condition but also your medical history. At My Family Dental Clinic Dr. Anu Narang will begin with the Comprehensive Dental Examination by reviewing your current and past medical and oral health condition.The examination will also take into account the medications that you have started taking since your last visit to her.
- X-Rays / Digital Imaging, Intraoral photos – Dental problems such as cysts and tooth decay can be easily detected with the help of X-rays and intraoral cameras. Dr. Narang will take X-rays and intraoral photos to assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and the underlying jawbone.
- Periodontal Examination – During exam gentle probing of gums is done to assess the overall health of your gums, looking for signs of gingivitis (inflammation of the gums). Common signs of gingivitis include tooth/gum sensitivity, bleeding while brushing, and redness or inflammation of the gums.
- Occlusal Examination – We will look for any potential malocclusion (bite problems) with your teeth.
- Cavity Exam : Ensuring restorative work, such as dental crowns and bridges, tooth colored fillings, and dental implants, remain secure and intact. We also check for any new cavities to determine whether or not you need dental fillings or if another treatment such as fluoride or a dental sealant is the right choice for you.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Dr. Narang will look for lesions, tissue discoloration, and other potential symptoms of oral cancer.